Terms & Conditions
Offers and Discount Codes
From time to time we will send out special offers through our catalogues, emails, social media and other lines of correspondence. These may come in the form of discounts/voucher codes or offers that are automatically applied when certain conditions are met. In addition to the rules laid out in each individual promotion, the following guidelines also apply:
- Special offers not valid in conjunction with any other offer, special discount price or promotion
- Offer codes must be applied at the shopping bag screen before checkout
- Minimum spend may apply (see specific promotion for details)
- Minimum spend does not include cost of delivery
- Percentage based discounts, where given, may be a rough estimation rounded to the nearest whole number. The actual discount available will be reflected in the listed price
- Hawkin’s Bazaar reserves the right to withdraw a promotion or amend these terms and conditions at any time without prior notice
- No cash equivalent
- Some offers are exclusive to specific products. Please see discount and voucher codes page for more information.
- Free delivery promotions only apply to free standard UK delivery services.
Hawkin’s Bazaar Scratch Cards & £300 Prize Draw
From 01/01/16 until 31/12/17, any purchase made in a Hawkin’s Bazaar store* entitles the customer to a free Hawkin’s Bazaar scratch card with their receipt. Winning codes can only be redeemed at www.hawkin.com/winner. By redeeming a Hawkin’s Bazaar scratch card, the participants signal their complete acceptance and full understanding of these terms and conditions and agree:
- To receive monthly newsletters detailing relevant marketing information
- To receive emails related to the competition
- Participants must be over the age of 18 to claim a Hawkin’s Bazaar scratch card
- Only one scratch card code can be redeemed per registered email address, per year
- Winning codes can only be redeemed online at www.hawkin.com/winner and not in store or through our call centre
- Instant scratch card prizes include: All you can carry Hawkin’s Bazaar shopping spree (up to the value of £300), £10 Hawkin’s Bazaar voucher, free polyglider (eligible products: 19040, 19039, 19038, 19037, 10599, 10480, 01361), free pocket money toy (up to the value of £1) and 20% off your spend in-store or online
- 20% off discount prizes cannot be used in conjunction with sale items
- Free pocket money toys and polygliders can only be claimed in-store and not via our website
- Instant prizes can only be claimed in store if a prize email and winning scratch card with matching codes are presented at the till
- Instant prizes must be redeemed by 31/12/17
- All scratch cards redeemed before 30/11/17, even those without winning codes, are eligible to enter the grand prize draw to win a £300 Hawkin’s Bazaar voucher to spend in-store or online, the winner of which will be drawn at random from all entries at the end of November. Any cards redeemed after this date will be entered into next year’s prize draw (prize TBC)
- Losing scratch cards can be registered for the prize draw at www.hawkin.com/draw
- Scratch cards must be registered at either www.hawkin.com/winner or www.hawkin.com/draw to be eligible for prize draw entry
- Registering your details as part of our "Tell us more" email campaigns will also grant an entry to the £300 prize draw
- All unredeemed prizes will be terminated at the end of this promotion
- Hawkin’s Bazaar reserves the right to modify or withdraw this promotion, its prizes and these terms and conditions at any time without prior notice
- Detailed prize breakdown: 5 x Hawkin’s Bazaar shopping sprees, 6,253 x £10 Hawkin’s Bazaar vouchers, 312,695 x free pocket money toys, 378,312 x 20% off codes, 766,011 x polygliders
- Scratch card competition not open to employees of Hawkin’s Bazaar or Tobar Group Trading Ltd and their families
- No purchase necessary
All prices quoted include VAT at the current and appropriate rate. The standard rate of VAT is 20%. We reserve the right to be able to reduce prices in the course of a sale. We operate other businesses independently selling similar products by mail order and in our shops: the prices, although almost always the same, may vary from those shown.
All products and services are subject to availability and may be withdrawn at any time, including, on rare occasions, after you have placed your order. If your order cannot be fulfilled we will let you know as soon as we can. We reserve the right to withdraw any item from sale at any time. In these circumstances you will be advised.
While we have made every effort to show and describe our products as accurately as possible, in rare cases the final product may differ slightly from the images shown. We sometimes substitute products of a similar description where for example, the original item becomes unavailable. Where this happens we will inform you at the time of ordering. We have tried to describe all products fairly and the weights, dimensions and capacities given are approximate only. Packaging may vary from that shown.
Requesting Specific Designs/Colours
During quiet trading periods we may be able to accommodate specific design requests for certain items if you email your order number to [email protected] with your request. If there is stock of your specified design/colour on the picking shelf, we will try our best to ensure you receive it. However, from September onwards we are unable to accommodate such requests. Even where an item's description states "order more than one to receive a mix of designs/colours", this is entirely dependent on the stock available. Whilst our team will do their best to send a mix of designs/colours, it is not always possible to do so.
Click and Collect
When placing orders via click and collect you agree that your order will be sent to the selected Hawkin's Bazaar shop. Once you have placed the click and collect order, your chosen delivery address cannot be altered. If you need the order sent to a different address to your chosen shop, your only course of action is to cancel the order (as soon as possible to avoid it shipping) and then place it again. If you are unable to collect your order for any reason after 14 days then your items will be returned to stock and your money refunded. In this instance a £2.50 restocking fee will be deducted from your refund amount (orders below the value of £2.50 will not be refunded to accommodate the restocking fee). We will also be unable to refund any Click and Collect delivery fees (if applicable). This does not affect your statutory rights.
Problems with your order
If any part of your order is not as expected then please contact us on [email protected] and we will do all we can to correct the issue. This includes obvious faults, missing parts or any other feedback. Please note, all issues must be reported to us within 30 days of your original order date. After this, we will not be able to send out spare parts or guarantee any kind of exchange or refund. This does not affect your statutory rights.
Use of customer photos/letters/ideas/pictures
Any copyright photo/letter/idea is owned by the sender and is not exclusive, so the sender can continue to use the material in anyway including allowing others to use it. By sending it to Hawkin's Bazaar you agree to grant us permission to use the material how we want (including modifying, editing, putting into production and adapting for promotional and editorial reasons). we may also share your contribution with trusted third parties.
You must confirm that your contribution is your own original work, is not defamatory and does not infringe any UK laws; that you own the right to give Hawkin's Bazaar permission to use it for the purposes specified above; and that you have the consent of anyone who is identifiable in your contribution or the consent of their parent/guardian if they are under 16. We will show your name and city/county of your address with your contribution unless you request otherwise and we may need to contact you in relation to your contribution.
Please do not endanger yourself or others, take any unnecessary risk or break any laws when creating your contribution.
Returns under the Distance Selling Regulations
Any charges incurred in returning the item must be paid for by the customer.
- Producer Reg No. WEE/CE3610UY
- Batteries Reg No. BPRN02773
Recycling your old electricals is easy!
Recycle your electrical and electronic devices free at your local recycling centre. To find your nearest centre, visit the Recycle More www.recycle-more.co.uk website and type in your postcode.
Unwanted electrical equipment is the UK’s fastest growing type of waste.
Many electrical items can be repaired or recycled, saving natural resources and the environment. If you do not recycle electrical equipment will end up in landfill where hazardous substances will leak out and cause soil and water contamination – harming wildlife and also human health.
We’re proud to support your local authority in providing local recycling facilities for electrical equipment.
To remind you that old electrical equipment can be recycled, it is now marked with the crossed-out wheeled bin symbol. Please do not throw any electrical equipment (including those marked with this symbol) in your bin.
What is WEEE?
The Waste Electrical or Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Directive requires countries to maximise separate collection and environmentally friendly processing of these items.
How are we helping?
In the UK, distributors including retailers must provide a system which allows all customers buying new electrical equipment the opportunity to recycle their old items free of charge. As a responsible retailer, we have met the requirements placed on us by financially supporting the national network of WEEE recycling centres established by local authorities. This is achieved through membership of the national Distributor Take-back scheme (DTS).
To find more information on WEEE recycling and to locate your nearest recycling centre please visit the Recycle More www.recycle-more.co.uk website.
Recycling your waste batteries
Batteries are made from important resources and chemicals, including lead, cadmium, zinc, lithium and mercury. If batteries are disposed of as normal municipal household waste, they will be taken to a landfill site and those resources will be lost and will contribute to the pollution of the environment. Recycling is one way you can help the environment and you should dispose of used batteries separately from other waste, using the collection and recycling schemes available. Your role in contributing to the recycling of waste batteries and in preventing pollution of the environment is essential. Each used battery that you place in a recycling box will be taken apart and many of the materials will be recovered and used to make new batteries or something else.
All batteries and in the case of cellular batteries the packaging are labelled with the wheelie bin symbol (see above), to indicate that they should not be disposed of as normal waste, but in specific recycling centres.
Hawkin's Bazaar work with a battery recycling scheme ERP UK to take back and recycle used batteries free of charge for recycling for customers within the UK. As part of this scheme we ask that you take your waste/spent batteries to a designated collection facility, usually your local authority waste recycling centre. To find the closest recycling centre to where you live please go to www.recycle-more.co.uk. In addition you’ll find recycling bins for batteries in all Hawkins Bazaar stores, so that you can deposit your used portable batteries. By recycling your used batteries via dedicated battery collection points you are contributing to protecting our environment and the earth's natural resources.
Write a Review and Win £50!
We want your opinions to be heard! We want our customers to get the right information to help them buy the best products for them. As a valued customer you can help us by submitting reviews and sharing your opinions, both good and bad. Anyone who has purchased something from us can write a review. All we ask is that you follow a few simple rules...
What we like
- The best reviews include not only whether or not you liked the product but also why. So please tell us why you liked or disliked something.
- Be specific about the product you bought, detailed features of the product and your experience in using it.
- Try to keep the review to between 100 and 500 words – not too long, but not too short.
- Be honest - we want your honest opinion of the product, good and bad. We rarely remove reviews because they're bad. We believe this helps us provide a better service and helps customers buy the best products for them.
What we don't like
We reserve the right not to post your review if it contains any of the following types of content or violates other guidelines:
- If it's objectionable
- Obscenities, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum, such as sexually explicit or sexually gratuitous comments
- Critical or spiteful comments on other reviews posted on the page or their authors
- Content that might be considered defamatory, blasphemous, racist or incendiary
- Remarks that repeat criminal accusations
- If it contains promotional content, advertisements, "spam" content, or references to other products, offers, or websites
- Repeated posts making the same point excessively
- Content from or on behalf of a person, company or website with a financial interest in the product or a directly competing product (including reviews by authors, artists, publishers, manufacturers, or third party merchants selling the product)
- Reviews written for any form of compensation
- If it contains inappropriate content
- Content that's not your own original work or has been previously published elsewhere
- Email addresses, phone numbers, physical addresses or other forms of contact information and external URLs
- Details about the availability, price, or alternative ordering/shipping
- Remarks directed at other reviewers
- Content not specific to the item being reviewed
If you wish to share feedback with us about product selection, pricing, ordering, delivery or other customer service issues, please do not submit this feedback through a product review. Instead, contact us directly at [email protected]
Enjoy writing your review!
You agree and warrant that you shall not submit any content:
- that is, or may reasonably be considered to be, defamatory, libelous, hateful, racially or religiously biased or offensive, unlawfully threatening or unlawfully harassing to any individual, partnership or corporation
- that includes any information that references other websites, addresses, email addresses, contact information or phone numbers
Competitions and Giveaways
Most competitions can be entered via our Facebook Competitions page or through the Hawkin’s Bazaar blog. By entering the competition you agree to receive related emails and further relevant marketing content from Hawkin’s Bazaar. In addition to the rules laid out in each individual competition, the following guidelines also apply:
- Participants must be a UK resident and over the age of 18 to enter
- Winner will be randomly chosen from all qualifying entries and contacted via email
- A valid email address must be supplied in order for us to contact you should you win
- Winners must claim their prize within 14 days of notification; otherwise their prize may be forfeit
- Prize will be sent to the winner within 28 days of winning confirmation
- Winning entrant's name may be used for promotional purposes
- Should the original prize become unavailable, an equivalent prize of equal or greater value will be supplied
- No cash or other prize alternative
- Hawkin’s Bazaar reserves the right to withdraw a competition or amend any part of it including these terms and conditions at any time without prior notice
- Prizes are promotional items only. Hawkin’s Bazaar takes no liability for any injury or consequence resulting from improper use of prizes
- Approximate value of prize bundles is calculated from each item’s RRP as it was listed at time of writing
- Competitions are not open to employees of Tobar Group Trading Ltd (or their immediate families)
- Promotions are in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. You understand that you are providing your information to Hawkin’s Bazaar and not to Facebook
- No purchase necessary. Send an email to [email protected] with your name and email address as an alternate means of entry
As you place your order, if you wish you can donate £0.10 to Great Ormond Street Hospital Children’s Charity via Pennies, the digital charity box, on our one-step checkout page. All money raised from these donations goes to charity. 95% goes to GOSHCC (charity no. 235825) towards our annual fundraising goal of £25,000. 5% goes to Pennies, the digital charity box (charity no. 1122489). By donating you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- Your donation is separate from your order
- Donations are capped at £0.10 and cannot be altered to donate more or less in a single transaction
- The donation amount does not contribute towards any promotional spend threshold (e.g. free delivery on orders over £40)
- Money saving promotional offers, either by amount or a percentage off, cannot be applied against the donation amount
- In the event that you require a partial or full refund, we are unable to refund your donation
- Hawkin’s Bazaar reserves the right to change and add to these terms and conditions at any time